Saturday, October 18, 2008

How to Memorize Anatomy and Physiology Terms

If you study anatomy then you know from that memorizing those anatomy and physiology terms can be very hard and painful.

I study physiology and anatomy myself and I know it's not an easy subject. What makes it especially hard it the need to memorize tons and tons of terms. It hard to keep them all in mind even in English let alone the Latin terms. Here I outlined a few steps that I hope will help you to memorize those anatomy terms.

Download you Anatomy and Physiology study guide.
Make Visual Aids to Help to Memorize Anatomy and Physiology Terms
It can be overwhelming just to read those huge anatomy textbooks, so use visuals to help you
You know that human receive the most of the information in visual form. That's why using visual figures and pictures is the best way to study anatomy.

I found even better way to study anatomy. There is a free software on human skeletal and muscular structure that helped me tremendously in my study. Click on the image below to download your free copy of this software.

It was made for artist but I found that it very well suit to anyone who studies the human anatomy, particularly bone and muscular structure of the body.

Actually How to Memorize Anatomy and Physiology Terms
You need to create certain rules to help you to memorize them
When I'm learning new things I always try to create some rules that will help me to remember these new things.

For example in study of anatomy I learned to create groups and pairs that easy to remember.

For example: proximal/distal - closer to origin of body part/ farther from the origin of the body part The origin of the body part is where it connects to another body part or where it connects to the trunk of the body, whichever applies. I remember it like this: proximal is in close proximity to the origin, distal is distant from the origin.

Another good example is superior/inferior -closer to the head/farther away from the head. For example, the neck is superior to the hips because it is closer to the head.

The most important thing is to have fun when you memorize those terms that sound so funny.

Now Take Tests. It is the Only Way to Perfectly Memorize Anatomy and Physiology Terms. To make skills perfect you need to take tests again and again. You probably heard that repetition is mother of the skill. I say that taking test is father of the skill. To memorize the anatomy terms correctly go ahead and take tests here.

You can even play a game with your friend to find out who better memorizes the anatomy and physiology terms.

Download your complete Anatomy and Physiology study guide with tests and quizzes

No comments: